In addition to the many ways individuals can get involved on a Chapter level, we encourage Chapters and members to become involved in PRSSA National Initiatives. Participating in these National Initiatives may qualify your Chapter for the Star Chapter Award, a distinction that Chapters of any size can earn by meeting specific Chapter and professional development goals. The following are various opportunities to engage with PRSSA on a national level and align Chapter goals with the advancement of the Society and profession at large.
- Participate in the Community Service Initiative at the National Conference.
- Complete a High School Outreach
- Participate in PRSSA/PRSA Relationship Month.
- Host an event with your PRSA sponsor Chapter.
- Become a PRSA Associate Member upon graduation.
- Implement the Diversity Initiative in your Chapter programming.
- Celebrate Diversity Month.
Publications and Media
- Submit Chapter News to be published by PRSSA National.
- Write for PRSSA National publications FORUM® and/or Progressions.
- Attend a National event, such as National Conference, National Assembly or Leadership Rally.
- Attend or host a Regional Conference.
Scholarships, Awards and Competitions
- Participate in the Bateman Case Study Competition.
- Participate in the Day-of Competition at National Assembly.
- Participate in mini-competitions.
- Apply for scholarships and awards.
Chapter and Professional Development
- Start a Student-run Firm
- Apply to have your Student-run Firm Nationally Affiliated
- Be selected to host a Chapter Development Session at the National Conference