Setting yourself apart from dozens or — in some cases — hundreds of other job candidates is a challenge. Fierce competition necessitates you demonstrate a superior knowledge of universal public relations principles.
As you approach graduation, adding the Certificate in Principles of Public Relations to your resume is the leg up you need to secure the position you want. The process, which can be summarized in the four steps below, complements coursework and can be used to finish your college career on top.
The Certificate program is offered at select colleges and universities, and is expanding. The participating colleges and universities include:
• Appalachian State University
• Baylor University
• Belmont University
• Drake University
• Eastern Illinois University
• Florida State University
• Illinois State University
• Kean University
• Lee University
• Mississippi State University
• Monmouth University
• New Jersey City University
• Roger Williams University
• San Diego State University
• Seton Hall University
• SUNY Plattsburgh
• Texas State University, San Marcos
• University of Central Arkansas
• University of Central Florida
• University of Colorado at Denver
• University of Miami
• University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh
• Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
School Faculty Advisers can request participation in the program by contacting Kathy Mulvihill at Accred@praccreditation.org.
It is important to review resources available for all four steps, starting with the Certificate FAQ, before beginning the process.