High School Outreach
PRSSA National encourages Chapters to reach out to local high schools to educate students about the possibilities of a career in public relations. Benefits of organizing a high school outreach include:
- Advocating for the public relations industry and the Society
- Mutually beneficial mentorship opportunities
- Further development of public speaking and event management skills
- Unifying the Chapter on a project that gives back to the younger generation of students
Interested in engaging high school students in your local community? Below are some ideas to organize a high school outreach at your Chapter:
- Send a group of members to a local high school to conduct a presentation at classes such as journalism, yearbook, graphic design, media studies, TV production, honors English, etc.
- Invite high school students to attend a PRSSA Chapter meeting, workshop or social activity
- Organize a Skype presentation, Twitter chat or Google hangout and invite high school students to participate
Download the High School Outreach Presentation Template and access the Why PR: What Motivates You? (Video) to get started today.