Though there are more than 100 Student-run Firms around the country operated by PRSSA Chapters, only those operating at the highest level are Nationally Affiliated. These firms have successfully gone through an application process to ensure the firm is strong in three areas: PRSSA/PRSA connection, a high level of professionalism and an effective structure.
Earning this recognition has many benefits, including the prestige of working for a firm that represents the best of the Society and being included in a client referral system. Nationally Affiliated firms can also participate in CreateAthon. Also, only firms that have earned National Affiliation may apply for the Student-run Firm Awards.
A firm must abide by the standards listed below to become Nationally Affiliated. PRSSA Headquarters does not charge an application fee or any commission/fees. National Affiliation certification lasts three years, after which a firm must re-apply.
To apply for National Affiliation, firms must submit the following:
- Client List — A client list with a brief description of each organization.
- Case Study — At least one case study detailing a public relations program implemented by the firm.
- Adviser Letter — A letter of support from the Chapter’s Faculty or Professional Adviser.
- History — A brief history of the firm describing when it was founded, how it has evolved and the mission of the firm.
- Firm Directory Letter — A letter from the firm director.
Download the National Affiliation application (Word or PDF) for more details, and contact the vice president of professional development with questions. Submit applications by mail or by emailing a PDF file to PRSSA Headquarters. If you are sending your application via mail, send us an email to so PRSA Headquarters is aware that it is coming.
PRSSA National Affiliation
120 Wall Street, 21st Floor, New York, NY 10005-4024