Tools for Advisers
Strengthen Your Chapter
As a Chapter adviser, you make PRSSA possible through your dedication to students and education. PRSSA knows you have may obligations, and offers the information, tools and connections below to help you tackle challenges, expand your opportunities and strengthen your Chapter.
PRSSA offers a training session for advisers each year at its National Conference. The session is hosted by the National Faculty and Professional Advisers. You can review what attendees learned last year by downloading the session notes (PDF).
Answers to Questions
When you need someone to share an idea with or to discuss a challenge, you can connect with other Chapter leaders through the Faculty Adviser and Professional Adviser Google Group and through PRSSA social media. In addition, the National Committee members are here to support you and PRSSA Headquarters is happy to field questions.
Tools for Advisers
We also recommend the following tools and information provided by PRSSA to strengthen Chapters.
- PRSSA Adviser Brown Bag Discussion. Thursday, September 10 from 1–2 p.m. EST
- Dues and Updates. Learn how to submit dues. Deadlines: March 1 and November 1.
- Handbooks and Guides. Get help with recruitment, student-run firms, Chapters, Regional Activities, Chapter News and your PRSA relationship.
- Logos, Branding and Templates. Download the PRSSA logo, brand guidelines and templates.
- Leadership Transition. Tips for how to transition smoothly. (Provide HQ with the details of your Chapter's leadership next year with the Chapter Officer Form).
- Fundraising. Learn how to unify your Chapter, earn money and support causes through fundraising.
- Events and Meetings. Browse a list of ways to make meetings exciting, better attended and more varied.
- Student-run Firms. Start, improve or manage your student-run firm.
- PRSA Sponsor Chapters. Find out which PRSA Chapter sponsors your PRSSA Chapter, and learn how to build a strong, mutually beneficial relationship.
- Chapter News. Get publicity for your Chapter, clips for your portfolio and share your successes with other leaders by posting Chapter News. Browse the news feed for fundraising and event ideas.
- Pacesetter. Receive recognition for your Chapter's successes in the areas of membership, national participation and/or Chapter development.
- Beyond Graduation. Send off your graduating seniors with a collection of PRSSA and PRSA tools to help them achieve success.