Tools for Leaders
Strengthen Your Chapter
As a Chapter leader, you are a vital part of the PRSSA community. You have a big responsibility, and PRSSA offers information, tools and connections to help you tackle your challenges, expand your opportunities and strengthen your Chapter.
- Dues and Updates. Learn how to submit dues. Deadlines: March 1 and November 1.
- Handbooks and Guides. Get help with recruitment, student-run firms, Chapters, Regional Conferences, Chapter News and your PRSA relationship.
- Recruitment Materials. Use information such as the recently updated recruitment brochure, member benefits PowerPoint presentation and fact sheet to recruit prospective members.
- Logos, Branding and Templates. Download the PRSSA logo, brand guidelines and templates.
- Leadership Transition. Tips for how to transition smoothly (provide HQ with the details of your Chapter's leadership next year with the Chapter Officer Form).
- Fundraising. Learn how to unify your Chapter, earn money and support causes through fundraising.
- Chapter Officer Update Form. Update contact information for your incoming exceutive board.
- Events and Meetings. Browse a list of ways to make meetings exciting, better attended and more varied.
- Student-run Firms. Start, improve or manage your student-run firm.
- PRSA Sponsor Chapters. Find out which PRSA Chapter sponsors your PRSSA Chapter, and learn how to build a strong, mutually beneficial relationship.
- Chapter News. Get publicity for your Chapter, clips for your portfolio and share your successes with other leaders by posting Chapter News. Browse the news feed for fundraising and event ideas.
- Pacesetter. Receive recognition for your Chapter's successes in the areas of membership, national participation and/or Chapter development.
- Google Groups. Chapter presidents, firm directors and Faculty and Professional Advisers can share ideas, brainstorm solutions and tackle challenges as a community of peers.
- Beyond Graduation. Send off your graduating seniors with a collection of PRSSA and PRSA tools to help them achieve success.
PRSSA offers leadership training sessions that allow you to learn from past Chapter leaders and share ideas with current Chapter leaders at National Conference and National Assembly. Each spring, we also offer the Leadership Rally, a full weekend of training exclusively for new and incoming Chapter Presidents.
Answers to Questions
When you need someone to share an idea with or to discuss a challenge, you can connect with other Chapter leaders through the Chapter Presidents Google Group and through PRSSA social media. Send out your questions and start a discussion. In addition, the National Committee members are excited to support you and PRSSA Headquarters staff are happy to field questions.
Graduation Honor Cords
Consider purchasing graduation honor cords from the vendors below (not associated with PRSSA). Remember: the official PRSSA color is navy blue.