Daniel J. Edelman & PRSSA Award
Deadline: February 27, 2017
The Daniel J. Edelman & PRSSA Award, named for the chairman and founder of Edelman, has been presented annually since 1990 to PRSSA student members who have demonstrated exceptional leadership ability, a commitment to a career in the field and have contributed substantially to PRSSA.
- $1,500 cash award for the Daniel J. Edelman Award ($500 upon winning award and an additional $1,000 upon start date of internship)
- 3-month paid internship in one of Edelman’s U.S. offices for each award.
(To be determined by Edelman and Winner)
Applicants for the Daniel J. Edelman & PRSSA Award must have proven involvement in PRSSA. Additional involvement in industries including, but not limited to, digital, marketing, media, creative, technology, research, public relations, and/or advertising is valuable. Applicants will be judged on demonstrated leadership; communications achievements and activities; digital presence and submitted portfolio of work.
Please submit a complete online application via https://djeholdings.taleo.net/careersection/us/jobdetail.ftl?job=170031) by Monday, February 27, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
A complete application must include:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio of individual communications work (up to 10 pieces) via website or PDF document
- Audio/video presentation of portfolio (not longer than one minute)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
A panel of judges will evaluate entries. The finalists will be notified by Friday, March 17, 2017 and winners will be announced by Friday, March 31, 2017. Applicants can only win one of two awards. All applicants will be eligible for the Edelman Internship Program in select offices.
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fourth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency. Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.
Take a peek behind the scenes of our US operation at https://edelman.us.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
2016 – 2017
- Sarah Vasquez, The University of Texas at Austin
- Edward Ravert, University of Scranton
- Winner: Jessica Colburn, University of Alabama
- Runner-up: Katie Casey, James Madison University
- Winner: Harkeet Pannu, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
- Runner-up: Gabrielle Hoyt, Auburn University
- Winner: Nick Lucido, Michigan State University
- Runner-up: Heather Papsun, Boston University