Elaine Averick Award
The National President selects one member of the National Committee to receive this award in recognition of his or her dedicated service to the National Committee and members of PRSSA. There is no nomination or application process. The award is presented at the PRSSA National Assembly.
About Elaine Averick
Elaine Averick served as the PRSA Director of Education and Executive Director of PRSSA until her retirement in 2000. Averick had joined the PRSA staff in 1980 as assistant to the late Dr. F.H. “Chris” Teahan.
In addition to PRSSA, Averick’s responsibilities spanned the numerous programs connecting the professional Society with the educational community. Among them were: the Commission on Public Relations Education; the Certification Program for onsite reviews and evaluations of public relations studies; the Educational Affairs Committee and its ongoing connections with educational organizations; the Friends of PRSSA (now called Champions of PRSSA); and national scholarships and competitions, including the annual Bateman Case Study Competition.
- 2015–2016: Veronica Mingrone: Vice President of Career Services
- 2014–2015: Paige Weber, Vice President of Chapter Development
- 2013–2014: Ben Butler, Vice President of Public Relations
- 2012–2013: Brian Price, Vice President of Chapter Development
- 2011–2012: Amy Bishop, FORUM Editor in Chief
- 2010–2011: Rachel Sprung, Vice President of Regional Conferences
- 2009–2010: Jason Sears, Vice President of Public Relations
- 2008–2009: Courtney Meyers, Vice President of Public Relations
- 2007–2008: Rebekah (Kelly) McFall, Vice President of Regional Activities
- 2006–2007: Kimberly Gouz, Vice President of Member Services
- 2005–2006: Cristina Seiter, Vice President of Internships/Job Services
- 2004–2005: Michael Keliher, FORUM Editor in Chief
- 2003–2004: Jacob Burke, Webmaster
- 2002–2003: Ciara O’Brien, Vice President of Professional Development
- 2001–2002: Amy Jacobs, Vice President of Chapter Development
- 2000–2001: Serge Golitsinski, Webmaster