District Conferences are planned, hosted and attended by PRSSA Chapters. They are an opportunity for attendees to network and learn and for planners to build their portfolio and gain event planning experience. Consider attending a District Conference — you may have the opportunity to participate in a case study competition, attend a workshop, participate in a roundtable, Leadership Summit or meet and greet your peers and professionals at a social.
2020 District Conferences
- Boston University – Northeast, Boston MA
PR Advanced: Pilot Your Future – February 21–22
- DePaul University – Midwest, Chicago IL
PRomote Your Brand – February 27–28
- Sam Houston State University – Southwest, Huntsville TX
One Brand, One Voice: Corporate PR – February 28 – March 1
- Temple University – Mid-Atlantic, Philadelphia PA
PRogress Through Tech – March 13–14
- University of Florida – Sunshine, Orlando FL
Stories of the Sunshine State: Exploring Entertainment, Tourism and Travel Public Relations – March 13–15
- San Jose State University – North Pacific, San Jose CA
PR in the BAY: Powering San Francisco and the Silicon Valley – March 20
- Universidad de San Martín de Porres – Lima, Peru
Peru Presents PR Trends – March 26–27
- Wayne State University – East Central, Detroit MI
Revving Up Detroit’s Brand – April 24–25
In order to continue to advance this program and further align with our parent Society, PRSA, these conferences will be undergoing a number of changes beginning in the 2019–2020 academic year. Regional Conferences will now be named District Conferences to align with the PRSA. Similarly, PRSSA Regional Ambassadors will now be known as District Ambassadors. The district names and state breakdown can be found on the PRSA website. The implementation of these changes comes with the goal to streamline and improve the quality and overall experience of District Conferences for attendees, planning committees and the Society. For more information, please contact the vice president of events and fundraising.
Host a District Conference
Become even more involved in PRSSA by hosting a District Conference this upcoming spring. In the process of planning the event, you can gain valuable event planning skills, network with local professionals and enhance your portfolio. The deadline to submit the Interest Form (Word or PDF) is August 29, 2019. Direct questions to the vice president of events and fundraising.
Please consider the following if your Chapter is interested in submitting an Interest Form:
- Ability to create and publish an event website in a timely fashion.
- Ability to promptly secure a venue with low financial risk.
- Confirm a strong, defined conference theme (example: PR in sports, social media, etc.).
- Ability to create and maintain a strong promotional plan.
- Maintain communication with the vice president of events and fundraising.
If you need help planning your event, check out the District Conferences Handbook, which will be published soon.
Past Regional Conferences
View some of the past outstanding Regional Conferences to gain hosting ideas of your own.