Chapter Development Sessions
Each year, the PRSSA National Conference begins with Chapter Development Sessions designed to help you lead your Chapter.
In these sessions, peers provide interactive 30-minute presentations on a particular aspect their Chapter excels in– their best practices for recruiting underclassmen, fundraising, networking with professionals, motivating members, finding speakers and more.
PRSSA National seeks Chapters to present these sessions at the PRSSA National Conference each spring. So we ask: What do you do best? How have you overcome a challenge this past year to create new opportunities? Where have you improved the most? What have you learned as Chapter leaders?
Applications to present should address the needs of a variety of Chapters, include teachable elements and adhere to the PRSSA Style Guide.
Gather a team of presenters and submit the Chapter Development Session application electronically to the PRSSA National vice president of Chapter development and Vice President of Education Jeneen Garcia by May 1.
All questions regarding Chapter Development Sessions can be directed to the vice president of Chapter development.
2014 Chapter Development Sessions
- Depaul University, "How I Met My Mentor"
- The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, "The Big Event: Planning 101"
- Grand Valley State University, "Breaking Barriers"
- Kent State University, "The Alumni Matchmaker: Best Practices to Alumni Relations"
- Iowa State University, "Creating Your Network: Branching Out Beyond the Meeting"
- Ohio University, "It’s More than just a Meeting: Powerful PRogramming and How to Plan it"
- Drake University, "Growing PRSSA Membership through Community Partnerships"
- The University of Oklahoma, "How to Tie the Knot: Working Closely with Your Local PRSA Chapter"
2013 Chapter Development Sessions
2012 Chapter Development Sessions
2011 Chapter Development Sessions
- University of Northern Iowa, "Programming Your Way To Be the Best Chapter in the Sea"
- University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh, "How Your Small Chapter Can Dominate National Competitions"
- University of Nebraska at Omaha, "Once Upon a Time –– Tell Your PRSSA Story"
- Kent State University, "Cash In On Communication: Reaching Your Fundraising Goal"
- Grand Valley State University, "Seeing the World, One Agency Visit at a Time"
- DePaul University, "DePaul PRSSA’s Favorite Things"
- Elon University, "Dialogue Across the Divide"
- University of Delaware, "Changing Perceptions: How To Rebrand Your Chapter"