PRSSA Announces First Digital Career Fair
March 21, 2011
NEW YORK – Most of us dread career fairs. They’re intimidating, uncomfortable and sometimes, plain awkward. But what if they didn’t have to be?
Get your resumes ready and your blogs updated – PRSSA will host its first Digital Career Fair on Wednesday, March 23 at 9 p.m. EDT via Twitter during the monthly #PRSSA chat.
It’s time to let your colors shine online!
Connect with HR representatives from large and small agencies and companies from across the country, including Ogilvy, Edelman Digital, Cohn & Wolfe, CENTERSTAGE and more. Public relations recruiters and professionals will join to offer advice about how to stand out as a candidate. Top students studying public relations and communications from around the country will provide insight into tomorrow’s workforce.
Consider it the #PRSSA chat you won’t want to miss. A huge thank you to those who have made our other chats this year so successful.
What to expect
- Twitter chats are fast-paced feeds designed to engage many people at once – keep an eye out for mentions of your username.
- The first 45 minutes will consist of Q&A like other #PRSSA chats. The last 15 minutes will be reserved for job/internship postings.
- Both internships and entry-level opportunities may be discussed.
Digital Career Fair etiquette
- Please remember this is a business-oriented event. No foul language or off-topic posts. Remember, during this event you represent PRSSA as well as yourself.
- Introduce yourself upon entering the chat. Ex: “Hi, I’m Kim Ciesla, senior at Rowan University. National VP of Chapter Development.” Feel free to include a link to your online portfolio, blog or website.
- Use this opportunity to build connections with public relations professionals, recruiters and fellow students – not just hunt for jobs/internships.
- Have your resume in PDF format and ready to share in case you are asked to.
- More Job Hunt articles and tools
Not sure how to join? It’s easy!
- Go to http://www.tweetchat.com around 9 p.m. EDT when you’re ready to join the conversation. Click “Sign in” in the right hand corner. Enter your Twitter username and password, and click “Allow.”
- Enter “PRSSA” in the search box at the top (that’s the hashtag).
- The Twitter feed will pop up with all the #PRSSA tweets. You officially become part of the chat – all you have to do is write your thoughts in the box at the top of the feed (don’t worry about adding #PRSSA at the end – Tweetchat will do it automatically).
If you have any questions or comments regarding the Digital Career Fair, please contact Vice President of Chapter Development Kimberly Ciesla (or tweet @kimkabob).