Ruth Edelman & PRSSA Award for Achievement in Women’s Leadership Development
Deadline: February 19, 2018
The Ruth Edelman & PRSSA Award, named in memory of Deputy Chairman Ruth Edelman, will be awarded in partnership with Edelman’s Global Women’s Executive Network (GWEN) to recognize student members who have demonstrated achievement in women’s leadership, women’s studies and/or contributions in the field to promote women’s issues.
- $1,500 cash award for the Ruth Edelman Award
- 3-month paid internship in one of Edelman’s U.S. offices for each award. (To be determined by Edelman and Winner)
- Applicants for the Ruth Edelman & PRSSA Award must be a PRSSA member and will be judged on their leadership, demonstrated interest in women’s studies/issues, contributions in the field or Public Relations as it relates to women’s issues and submitted portfolio of work.
Please submit a complete online application via https://djeholdings.taleo.net/careersection/us/jobdetail.ftl?job=180089&tz=GMT-08%3A00 by Friday, February 19, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
A complete application must include:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio of individual communications work (up to 10 pieces) via website or PDF document
- Audio/video presentation of portfolio (not longer than one minute)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
A panel of judges will evaluate entries. The finalists will be notified by Friday, March 30, 2018 and winners will be announced by June 2018. Applicants can only win one of two awards. All applicants will be eligible for the Edelman Internship Program in select offices.
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fourth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency. Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.
Take a peek behind the scenes of our US operation at https://edelman.us.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Karley Powell, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 2014 Erin Kenna, Louisiana State University