Altschul Champions for PRSSA Outstanding Internship Award
Deadline: September 9, 2016
Award: $300 and a certificate
The award check will be payable to the winner’s university for use on his or her behalf, and can only be used to directly fund the winner’s educational pursuits.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be pursuing an undergraduate education in public relations.
- Complete a professional internship between September 2015 and August 2016.
- Be a PRSSA member in good standing.
The PRSA Foundation is proud to present the new electronic scholarship application process. Using the electronic application process, you only need to fill out ONE universal application. If a particular scholarship calls for more details or a writing sample, you simply attach the requested information to the specific application.
To apply for this award, submit the following materials:
- A completed application.
- A letter of recommendation from your internship supervisor.
- A letter of recommendation from your PRSSA Faculty Adviser.
- A typed 1,000 to 1,200 word essay describing the internship experience and addressing each of the following subjects in the order stated:
- Organization sponsoring internship.
- Internship supervisor.
- Period of internship.
- Internship responsibilities.
- Results achieved.
- What you learned.
- Value of internship to studies and future career.
Make sure all materials are error free and thoroughly proofread. All application materials must be posted to the electronic application portal by September 9, 2016. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
About b j Altschul, APR
Professor b j Altschul, APR, was a highly respected practitioner and educator who was a long-time member of PRSA and the Champions for PRSSA. She served as the American University PRSSA Faculty Adviser for about five years and remained active with the Chapter for the remainder of her life. Her expertise in the field of health and science made her an invaluable asset to many campaigns over the years. She passed away on May 31, 2014 at the age of 66. Her legacy lives on through the Altschul Champions for PRSSA Outstanding Internship Award.
- 2015 Abigail Mayer, Capital University
- 2014 Sophie Frankham-Smith, University of Georgia
- 2013 Cody Nichelson, University of Georgia
- 2012 Lauren Stahl, Ohio Northern University
- 2011 Carly Nash, University of Georgia
- 2010 Amanda Stageman, Marquette University
- 2009 Sarah Elizabeth Norton, Belmont University
- 2008 Monica Fineis, Michigan State University
- 2007 Rebecca Timms, Rowan University
- 2006 Melissa Csuhran, Ohio Northern University
- 2005 Melissa Tanguay, American University
- 2004 Sarah Yeaney, Pennsylvania State University
- 2003 Tamar G. Meguerditchian, Loyola University New Orleans