District Conferences are planned, hosted and attended by PRSSA Chapters. They are an opportunity for attendees to network and learn and for planners to build their portfolio and gain event planning experience. Consider attending a District Conference — you may have the opportunity to participate in a case study competition, attend a workshop, participate in a roundtable, Leadership Summit or meet and greet your peers and professionals at a social.
2021 District Conferences
- University of Florida (Feb. 19–21): “Stories of the Sunshine State” — In-Person
- Boston University (Feb. 20): “PR Advanced: Powered by Purpose” — Virtual
- University of Rhode Island (March 12–13): “Next Gen: Smashing PRecedents” — Virtual
- Temple University (March 13): “PRogress Through Tech” — Virtual
- Point Park University & Duquesne University (March 26–27): “Welcome to the Neighborhood” — Virtual
- Universidad de San Martín de Porres (April 6–8): “ImPRoving: The Revolution of PR” — Virtual
Host a District Conference
Become even more involved in PRSSA by hosting a District Conference this upcoming spring. In the process of planning the event, you can gain valuable event planning skills, network with local professionals and enhance your portfolio. The deadline to submit the Interest Form (Word or PDF) is August 29, 2019. Direct questions to the vice president of events and fundraising.
Please consider the following if your Chapter is interested in submitting an Interest Form:
- Ability to create and publish an event website in a timely fashion.
- Ability to promptly secure a venue with low financial risk.
- Confirm a strong, defined conference theme (example: PR in sports, social media, etc.).
- Ability to create and maintain a strong promotional plan.
- Maintain communication with the vice president of events and fundraising.
If you need help planning your event, check out the District Conferences Handbook, which will be published soon.
Past Regional Conferences
View some of the past outstanding Regional Conferences to gain hosting ideas of your own.