PRSSA 2020 Leadership Assembly Update
Due to growing concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), coupled with the guidance from many colleges and universities to limit travel by students, we will not be hosting the PRSSA Leadership Assembly in Scottsdale, Arizona from April 16 – 19. This was not an easy decision to make but the safety of students and their families is critical to all of us at PRSSA.
National Committee Remote Election
Under the uncertain times of COVID-19, we are required to take a different approach for the election process. The election will be held remotely and will occur on April 23. All Chapter delegates will be required to register for this new virtual election by April 6. All delegates who registered for the Assembly will need to register again. Please remember the delegate must be a current PRSSA member.
Candidates running from the floor must submit a completed candidate nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1. All candidates, including those who planned to run from the floor, will be required to send a video of their presentation/speech to email@example.com by April 1. The National President candidate video(s) will be for 10-minutes or less and the vice president candidate videos will be five minutes or less. Candidate videos and forms will be shared with delegates via a OneDrive link emailed on April 6. All delegates should send any questions for candidates by April 9 directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The National Committee will utilize the delegates questions to conduct video Q&A sessions with each candidate from April 10 through April 15. The Q&A sessions will be shared with delegates on April 17 to allow time for delegates to connect with their Chapter prior to voting on April 23. More details to come on how voting will be conducted. In the meantime, please review the tentative agenda below.
- March 23: Share new process, timeline, blank candidate nomination forms
- April 1: Nomination forms for candidates running from the floor due to HQ
- April 1: Videos due for all candidates to HQ
- April 6: Chapter delegate registration deadline
- April 6: HQ shares videos and form of candidates with delegates via email by 5 p.m. ET
- April 9: Delegates send any questions for candidate to HQ
- April 17: HQ shares video of Q&A sessions with delegates
- April 23: Assembly Remote Elections
Please contact PRSSA HQ with any questions.