What Can PRSSA Do for You?
As a Society of nearly 7,000 students, PRSSA provides unmatched professional development opportunities tailored specifically for students. Join PRSSA and take advantage of the many ways it can enhance your education, broaden your network and launch your career.
Enhance Your Education
- Events — Network, learn and interact with public relations students from around the country at PRSSA events like International Conference, Leadership Assembly and District Conferences.
- Scholarships and Awards — Be recognized for your accomplishments or let us help fund your education with over $30,000 worth of scholarships and awards that PRSSA offers students each year.
- Publications and Media — Stay current on industry news and the latest trends in public relations through PRSSA and PRSA publications and media resources.
- Strategies & Tactics is PRSA’s all-new monthly newspaper. The publication will help you stay up-to-date with the latest news and best practices, covering everything from crisis communications to social media to reputation management.
- Issues & Trends, a PRSA daily email, sent to your inbox every morning with the latest headlines, updates and relevant industry information
- Progressions is PRSSA’s national blog where you can hear from fellow students about what’s going on the industry and things you might have missed. Progressions also gives you the opportunity to practice writing and add a valuable skill to résumé.
- Bateman Competition — Apply what you’ve learned in the classroom, add to your portfolio and work with high-profile clients by taking the opportunity to compete in one of our many case study competitions.
- Leadership — Add to your résumé and gain valuable leadership skills by running for office in your Chapter, Student-run Firm or the PRSSA National Committee.
- Case Studies — Use your complimentary access to award-winning public relations case studies for help with your homework or to simply enhance your education.
- PRSA Webinars — PRSSA members gain complimentary access to select PRSA webinars throughout the year.
- MyPRSA — All members are issued a MyPRSA login to access the Internship Center, register for PRSA Webinars and National events, access PRSA case studies and much more. Your MyPRSA login information can be found on the login page by clicking the “Retrieve it” button.
Broaden Your Network
- Social Media — Start discussions and connect with PRSSA members from all over by plugging in to PRSSA social media. Use our hashtag to follow the conversation: #PRSSA.
- PRSA Sponsor Chapters — Meet current professionals, ask questions and get professional advice through your Chapter’s PRSA sponsor Chapter.
- Champions for PRSSA – Browse the Champions for PRSSA Directory to find a network of professionals dedicated to supporting PRSSA members and your education.
Launch Your Career
- PRSA Jobcenter — Browse career resources and search for public relations employment opportunities all over the world with PRSA Jobcenter.
- PRSSA Internship Center — Get job-hunting tips, upload your résumé and find the most recent internship opportunities through the PRSSA Internship Center.
- PRSA Associate Membership — Start networking and get connected to 20,000 public relations professionals when you join PRSA as an Associate Member for only $60 up to five months before or two years after graduation.
- PRSA New Professionals Section — The PRSA New Professional Section is a great way to connect with other public relations and communications professionals who have been in the industry for less than five years, allowing you to communicate the unique struggles new pros face as well as gain knowledge and insight through webinars, mentoring and more benefits that PRSA offers.
- Certificate in Principles of Public Relations — Stand out from the competition by becoming certified in the principles of public relations; an accreditation employers are always impressed to see.
To learn more about what PRSSA can do for you and how to take advantage of all your PRSSA member benefits, contact the vice president of member services.