PRSSA National Headquarters periodically publishes podcasts for our members. These podcasts cover a variety of topics, including internships, career advice, industry news, current events and much more. See below for podcasts available.
On each episode, host Joe Dunay — former PRSSA vice president of professional development — looks to uncover the processes and experiences that build great communicators, while guests tell the story of how they work, navigate their careers and stay on top of rapidly changing industry trends.
How to Stand Out in a Competitive Job Market with TR Straub.
- In this episode of The Process from PRSSA, TR Straub, a Corporate Affairs and Diversity & Inclusion Executive Search and Leadership Advisory Consultant at Russell Reynolds Associates, provides insight on how emerging communications professionals can navigate job searching and building a personal brand during COVID-19 and beyond.
The Process of Understanding Audiences with Mike Fernandez.
- On this episode of The Process from PRSSA, self-proclaimed American Nomad, Mike Fernandez — SVP & Chief Communications Officer at Enbridge — provides insight into understanding audiences, why context outweighs content and how to build sustainable processes through diverse educational experiences.
Leveraging Your Network & Experience with Alex Ebanks.
- On this episode of The Process from PRSSA — Alex Ebanks, Manager of Brand Public Relations at the Coca-Cola Company provides insight into building relationships, experiences and opportunities as a new professional. Once networks are built and experiences had, Ebanks explains the importance of leveraging what you’ve built to unlock even greater success.
Changing the future of PR & Communications with Ray Day.
- On this episode of The Process, Ray Day — the Vice Chair of Integration and Innovation of Stagwell Group’s Marketing & Communications Agencies — gives advice about changing the future and being a leader.
PR With the Pros
This PRSSA’s national podcast series takes students into the minds of public relation professionals to discuss the field, receive career advice and learn more about the Society. Hosted by PRSSA student leaders, PR With the Pros started in 2017. Since then, the podcast releases one episode per month, each focusing on a different theme.
- This episode features Adrienne Wallace, Ph.D., the Faculty Adviser for the Grand Valley State University PRSSA Chapter and a recipient of the 2019 Dr. F. H. Teahan Outstanding Faculty Adviser Award. She discusses what she thinks of the adviser role, mentorship, and what makes an outstanding Adviser. Courtney Fougle, the student who nominated Dr. Wallace, is also featured to discuss why she nominated Dr. Wallace and her outstanding characteristics. Hosted by McQue Wilson, PRSSA 2019–2020 Vice President of Member Services.
- This episode features McCorkindale, president and CEO of the Institute for Public Relations, who discusses her work on the IPR signature study, Mind The Gap: Women’s Leadership in Public Relations, and offers leadership advice for aspiring practitioners. Hosted by Ashleigh Kathryn, PRSSA 2019–2020 Immediate Past President.
- During this podcast, Radick, vice president of public relations and content integration at Brunner, discusses his experience in crafting the most buzzed about 2017 Super Bowl commercial, agency life and why every public relations student/professional should join PRSSA/PRSA.
- During this podcast, Whaling, CEO and founder of Geben Communication, shares insights on gender gaps, social media and doing good.
- During this podcast, DiSalvo, vice president of health care at Ogilvy Public Relations, discusses what sets Ogilvy apart from other media companies, the unique challenges of public relations in the health care sector and how his involvement in PRSSA/PRSA influenced the course of his impressive career.
- During this podcast, Neill, assistant professor at Baylor University, touches on topics such as Accreditation in Public Relations, ethics and PRSA/PRSSA.
- During this podcast, Dvorak, PRSA 2018 immediate past chair, talks about her involvement in PRSA and PRSSA, what inspired her to join the industry, why mentoring students is so important to her and the joys of life.
- During this podcast, Ford, professional in residence at the University of Florida, discusses agency life, mentorship and why he is passionate about PRSSA and education.
- During this podcast, Mitchell, an accomplished strategic communications professional, talks about having a good work-life balance, the need for public relations professionals to be open to collaboration and more.
PRSSA Hidden Gems
This PRSSA national podcast series highlights the multitude of exclusive member benefits of the Society. Hosted by the National Committee, PRSSA Hidden Gems started in 2017.
During this podcast, 2017-2018 Vice President of Career Services, Demi Wolfe, discusses the numerous benefits and opportunities students can utilize through the PRSSA Internship Center.
If you have any questions about the podcast or are a professional who would like to be featured, please contact the Publications Editor in Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org.